Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Tomorrow a big group of us crazy season pass holders will be taking another trip to Six Flags. :o) I can't wait! It will be a nice end to the week. Great fun and fellowship!

I need a sensitive and discerning heart to hear the Lord's voice about something. In my spirit I want to know (and I have begun asking to know), but in my flesh I don't because I'm afraid it will be something I don't want to hear. ;o) Indeed I am reminded of the statement Jesus made in the Garden of Gethsamene--"The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." Thankfully, I have been at peace. Now I just need to hear His voice clearly and have His discipline to follow even if it's hard.

I am so thankful for the Lord -- Truly He is so good to me. (And it is so worth it to follow Him.) Oh that I would sense that on a heart level not only in the good times (like now), but also in the bad. I know it on an objective, intellectual level in those times, of course, but it can be pretty hard for it to travel down to my heart during those seasons. ; )

No comments: