Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

The other day an evangelist came and shared with us. He had some good witnessing tips. Even as we have the incredible privilege to reach people on the other side of the world, so many of whom have not heard the Gospel even once, we still also should be witnessing to others as the Lord brings opportunities our way. Yesterday one of these came about.

I was at Wal-mart getting my tires rotated and my battery changed. It took longer than it should have because the attendant forgot to change the battery, hence I had more time in the waiting room where I shared about the Lord with a man sitting in there. Though he claimed to be a Christian, it's hard to say whether he was. He seemed to be agreeing with a lot of things in a noncommittal, polite way. At first I hadn't talked to him about spiritual things and felt bad. I sure am glad the Lord is so gracious to give us second chances, especially to goobers like me. :o)

So anyhow, the Lord gave me the opportunity to talk with him as I would to a fellow Christian--talking about my personal perspective and how I want to bring people to Heaven with me. I shared about Jesus and weaved in Heaven and Hell as real places that people will go to.

On another note, yesterday I found out some dear friends of mine from my college church have signed their high school S.S. class up to support a native missionary. I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I was. :o) I wrote back today and related that they will never know this side of Heaven just how many lives the Lord will eternally impact on the other side of the world through them. What a privilege we have! Thank you, Lord. :o) Oh, that Your wonderful Gospel of Your kindness and mercy would penetrate the hearts of each person in the 10/40 Window.

No comments: