Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Tomorrow I will likely get to see my best friend from junior high/high school. Yay! She's driving through on her way back from seeing her sis. We are meeting in a town about 30 miles from here, 22 miles from my church. She should be coming through around 2ish. So the plan is that I will go to the 12:00 service at my church, call her from their with my phone card and then head over that way to meet her at Applebee's. It will be nice to see her again after such a long time! I'll have to bring my camera and take pictures. :o)

I am so much seeing perspectives in my life that need to be changed. I think it all boils down to dying to my pride. At times it seems that every time I turn around, I see my own wretchedness. But that's a good thing, right? I mean, not that I'm wretched, but that the Lord is showing me how I am?

We moved one of my roommates into her house today. Well, I guess it would be more correct to say her stuff? She needed to go out of town this weekend and have some dental work done. My remaining roommate and I prayed together tonight and had a good talk about what we're doing as far as apartments. It looks like I will be moving pretty soon--likely August 25! I'm excited but also realizing this is a big step and in a sense "stepping out of my comfort zone"... though I'm very much sensing the Lord has orchestrated and directed this. I think in many ways the move will drive me to more dependence on Him. There is so much He is able to teach me if I'll just let Him. : )

No comments: