Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Yesterday a group of us went to Six Flags with our season passes. I had a wonderful time! Not only did we all have some great talks and laughs, but the Lord arranged for me to meet a youth leader who got me in to a Q&A session with Steven Curtis Chapman, who was there in concert. Though I didn't get to meet the singer, I so much appreciated his humility and transparent heart for the lost. It was so refreshing. He mentioned at the end how we could be praying for him and his family. I want to do this. He talked about an orphanage (I think in a third-world country) where the children all have special needs. He said these kids likely won't make it past another year. He added that he got down on his hands and knees with them and prayed and sang ... It was all he could do. I started crying. I think the Lord has given me a heart for people who are suffering and don't know Jesus ... I look forward to seeing what He will do with the things He has placed on my heart. It could simply be things like what He did last night.
 
When we were in line for Mr. Freeze, I had the opportunity to talk to a 13-year-old girl, Kimbero. I sensed the Lord may be putting it on my heart to share my testimony with her, so I did. And I got to pray with her (for her headache), and she asked me if I'd like to ride with her. Of course I said sure. :o) I was hoping to get to. It was cute; from the moment we got "buckled in" on the ride and were getting ready to "take off", she clasped my hand and didn't let go until we were about to get off. Right before the ride started she said, "I hope I don't throw up." I told her we would pray and that Jesus could help her not to. :o) And He did! Some of us also got to give her a couple of tracts, and I also gave tracts to two teenage girls I got to talk to. That made my day.

No comments: