Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

A friend from work and I had fun running through the rain tonight! My roommate Dorinda was packing, and we all hung out. That was fun. Tonight it really hit me ... We're moving. Wow! Hard to believe.

We three roommates have been here together for almost two years. The Lord has taught us (and stretched us all!) a lot, and we've had some good fellowship. I hope we can remain good friends! At the same time I'm also looking forward to this new chapter in my life.

I think the Lord has put it on my heart to have a schedule of sorts--certain things I want to make time for, such as curling up with a good book, getting lots of cooking experience, prayer times, etc. I'm excited about it! PRAY for me that I would live purposefully ... that even though I will have my own apartment, I would not yield to the temptation to be selfish--to do things when I want to do them. Instead, I want to listen to the Spirit. Even as I say this, I know I am weak in my human flesh. But He is able!

Last night before going to bed (or was it this morning? can't remember?) I read Malachi 3:10, a verse that was quoted in my devotional. I actually didn't get any further than that verse! It's such a good truth, about how the Lord's blessings are available for His children as they yield to Him. That is my desire--that I will spend my time (and money) as He would have me to, trusting Him that He will abundantly minister to me and meet my needs. Praise God!  

No comments: