Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Church was good today. Our pastor spoke on the Apostle Paul, and how his life was poured out as an offering to the Lord. I sat on a bench outside church and journaled about it. I am amazed at the Apostle Paul's self-sacrificial, consecrated life. Sometimes I wonder, will I get to that point? The Lord has brought me a long way, yet I know there still are so many areas in which I need to die to myself. I am so glad He who has begun a good work in me will complete it! (Philippians 1:6) He is faithful, even when I am not.

This afternoon I got a bunch done as far as writing. Tonight at our staff worship service I had Kids Korner. I shared a very brief lesson about Joseph, and how he forgave his brothers even when they had been mean to him--and how Jesus died for forgiveness of sin. I had the sweetest brother and sister in there whose parents are visiting friends. The little girl was excited when she saw me again during the fellowship time afterwards. :o)

Tonight we played volleyball. I did quite poorly. But it was so much fun! :o) People seem to enjoy it so much; maybe we'll do it more. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with some coworkers to go eat at McAlisters Deli, a really yummy restaurant that we have back home, and didn't have here--until it very recently came here. I can't wait! :o)

No comments: