Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Tonight our brother Zac Poonen shared with us again, one last time. It was probably my favorite session. How it impacted me would be hard to express in words, so I won't try at the moment, especially as I am tired. Maybe I'll write more tomorrow.

I so much want to be obedient to everything the Lord would have me do, even when it's not easy. Brother Zac really brought out how, when Jesus walked this earth, He did nothing on His own volition--He only did the will of the Father. If Jesus, being perfect, did this, how much more should we? Please, please pray for me with this. Even as I write these things I know weak I am in my fallen human flesh, yet I so much desire to be like silly putty in His hands. To do His bidding and live for Him alone.

After Brother Zac shared, some of us gals on staff went to a family's house to hang out and have root beer floats. When we got home, my roommate Dorinda read me a bedtime story. :o) It was about a monster waiting at the end of the book. Except that the monster turns out to be the main character; he just doesn't know it yet. It was fun! She bought the book for a young mother on staff when she was having her first child. Now she's going to give the sequel (about two monsters who turn out to be the two main characters) to a younger sibling in the same family. I think that is a great gift for her.

No comments: