Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Today has been such a good day. We have Brother Zac Poonen here sharing with us. It's always a treat when he comes; I have some of his tapes from when I was raising support, and I got so much out of them. In one of the tapes, he spoke of how of utmost importance is God's name being hallowed. Earthly circumstances don't matter; it's all about Him. When He is given the reverence due His name--the adoration He so much deserves--everything else falls into place. (Matthew 6:33)

This morning and evening he spoke to our staff. In speaking about the judgement we as Christians will go through, he made a statement that gripped me: "We need to live as people who know that one day we will give an account to God of everything we did and why." Wow. Quite convicting! I don't know how much I had really stopped to think of the full implications of 2 Corinthians 5:9-10.

Over lunch, I had the opportunity to talk with coworkers about the message we heard this morning. I may try to write more about each session later; right now I'm heading to catch some Zzzzzz's. Good night!

No comments: