Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

The service we render to others is really the rent we pay for our room on this earth. It is obvious that man is himself a traveler; that the purpose of this world is not 'to have and to hold' but 'to give and serve.' There can be no other meaning.
--Sir Wilfred T. Grenfell
 
What a great quote. I thought I'd share it here tonight. Found it yesterday when I was at Barnes and Noble's bookstore--one of my favorite places that holds fond college memories. :o) The quote was in a book I was perusing, in between writing stories for the web.
 
Not much else is going on. Work is going well. Today I ate lunch with a coworker at Atlanta Bread Company. We had some fun laughs together, and good talks. She is a precious sister who has faithfully served part-time at GFA for close to 14 years now.
 

No comments: