Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Shelley and I ate at Quiznos and went to the mall. That was fun! We mainly went in Christopher & Banks, where I found a really cute skirt and shirt that I got as an Easter oufit. It was fun trying things on and asking the friendly salespeople for feedback. :o)

We also went to another store in the mall, where we each found pretty necklaces for just $6. My necklace has bright pink buttons on it. I like it!

Before setting off on our shopping excursion, we did get to visit for at least an hour with the young wife going through hard times. [It depended on how she was feeling today, so we were to call her and check to see.] Because of a sciatic nerve problem that is causing MUCH pain, it sounds like, she is prescribed to bedrest for the remaining three months of her pregnancy. She and her husband have been an incredible example to me in their perspective through all of this. When he shared with the rest of our staff one morning during prayer meeting, he basically told us, "Tiffie wants all of you to know that in no way does this change our resolve to be here. We know this is where we are supposed to be."

Tonight Shelley and I went to a special service at Stonebriar Community Church (my old church) for Good Friday. It was a powerful time of reflecting on Jesus, how great is His love for me, and how much I love Him back . . . and being convicted and realizing I want to show Him, in practical ways, that I love Him much more than I have been lately. I journaled during the service some of my thoughts and how powerfully I was sensing the Lord's presence. He almost felt close enough to touch.

I love moments like that.

No comments: