Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

100th customer.

I wasn't, but it sure would have been nice if I were. It would have meant FREE FOOD at Chick-fila, my all-time favorite! And you wouldn't believe, but I very narrowly missed being the 100th customer of the day.

I think it was the lady who was helped right after me, at the next register over. Suddenly I heard all the people behind the counter cheering and yelling out, "100th customer!"

But at least I had a coupon, so my meal was still pretty cheap. The 350,000th customer gets free Chick-fila meals for a YEAR. For a Chick-fila lover like me, this would be a dream come true. ;oD I mean, you're talking to the person who was willing to dress up in a cow costume, just to get a free combo meal during a special promotion they were having. Unfortunately, I got sick that day and was unable to perform the feat, but I had witnesses who going to be there to document the special event!

Aren't you glad God's grace, His unmerited favor, is limitless ... and not confined to "every 100th or 350,000th time"? I know I am. I thank the Lord for the lessons He has been teaching me lately, and I want to be more faithful in applying them.

My dental cleaning went very well. I enjoy going over there and chatting with the people who work there. Now I'm going home to rest a bit before tonight's prayer meeting, which I'm looking forward to. My team leader will be getting to share requests for our department, the C&E Department, tonight! He has been such a blessing in my life. I truly thank God for him!

No comments: