Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Caty and I had a nice lunch. And now I have half a chicken salad sandwich I can enjoy today or tomorrow for supper. :o)

Last night I didn't go see a movie at the dollar theater. I stayed home and picked up a little in the apartment and then had some time with the Lord, singing praise songs. But around 9, I got tired and decided it would be good to go to bed. ; )

I may go see a movie at the dollar theater tonight; we'll see! I know that right after work I need to go by my friend's house and check on her cat, Miss Priscilla. And check her mail ... and mine. :o)

There is a situation in which I want to fully trust God for the outcome. I know ultimately He can always be trusted; it can just be a challenge when it comes to life circumstances. I think He is teaching me patience and trust.

Even though it's not always fun, and my flesh doesn't like it, I thank the Lord that He loves me enough to orchestrate circumstances in my life in such a way as to drive me closer to Him and make me more like Him, which are my heart's desires.

2 comments:

PacaScrat said...

Hi there,
I enjoyed going to lunch with you today! It's amazing how God works and encourages us through each other. It was great to get re-focused.

Nicole said...

Hey Girl,
Id on't know what you're going through, but take it from someone who can vouch for it...God knows what he's doing. I mean, look at me. two months ago, I was crying all the time, I couldn't sleep, and I was sick everytime I even thought about going to work. Now, I'm in a job I love and in a place I could see myself staying at forever. God is good and I am learning that He takes care of His own.

Call me!

Nicole