Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Yay! The Lord gave me the strength to get going this morning and meet my friend for prayer. I am so much not a morning person and have found I do best having my times with the Lord either during lunch break or right after work, but today I got to thinking about the idea of starting off each day--first thing--with fellowship in His presence. What a way to start the day.

It reminds me of a story a brother shared tonight during prayer meeting, about a field leader who is so devoted to prayer and continually depends on Jesus, realizing he is nothing without him. His story is a powerful one: I may share more another night when I'm not tired. But I did want to leave you with something our brother on staff told us about how his life has changed through the leader's stay in his home: "It's not 'I need to pray more' or 'I should pray more.' Now it's 'I have to pray more.'"

Oh that we all would have, each moment, that determined desperation--that deep longing and hunger to meet with the One who created us and loves us more than we can imagine.

No comments: