Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Tonight we went to the house of a young couple on staff, for a get-to-gether with some Oklahoma college students who have been giving their time to help out at the office these last few days. I have so much enjoyed getting to know this dear group of students! After eating our taco supper (and some of my roommate Dorinda's much-loved cookies for dessert :o)) some of us walked around the block with them. That was neat.

Last night we all went to Braum's and talked over scoops of ice cream. I was asking Josh what all he did at the office yesterday. He said he helped put some shelves together. Then I put two and two together and realized which shelves he'd assembled. I said, "Oh, in the finance department!" He said "Yeah!" I was telling him what a blessing that was and how one of my coworkers in that area had even mentioned the shelves and shown them to me.

Now boxes of important ministry documents and records that were temporarily scattered or stacked on the floor are on shelves where they can stay organized and easily accessed.

What a labor of love on the part of these college students. And to think it's helping to plant churches in Asian villages where people once had never heard the name of Jesus. Praise God! It was especially encouraging to see Josh's reaction--how he was so encouraged to know that they'd been able to serve behind the scenes and make an impact.

Deep down, isn't that what we all long for? A life of eternal significance, spent and poured out for the furtherance of the Gospel and His kingdom? I know I do.

No comments: