Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, May 16, 2004

What a day. I don't know if words can suffice to relate everything that took place, but I will sure try.

This morning I did some laundry and then went by the office to say farewell to the brothers and sisters from the field. They were eating little Subway sandwiches in our staff kitchen. :o) Then they needed to catch their flight for the first leg of the long trip back.

I caught the 12:00 service at my church. My friend Lindy and I had a really good time of sharing what is on our hearts and praying for each other.

One thing on her heart is that she wants to know where the Lord would have her work. She has several interviews lined up and is very excited about one of them, in Ohio. I sure would miss her, but I would understand if that's what God is calling her to. :o) Do pray for this dear young woman, that she would clearly hear God's voice for her vocation. Of course, I would love to see her come serve here at Gospel for Asia with me. :o) Something on my heart was that I was again missing my college church this afternoon. When the service ended I cried a little.

I felt the Lord really put it on my heart to go see the movie The Passion today. I thought of how it would help put things back into perspective--how the laying down of His life for me is far greater than the small sacrifice I am making to serve Him here--or any other sacrifice I could ever make. There's no comparison.

So,I drove around a bit looking for a theater where it was playing. You've gotta remember, I have neither a newspaper or a cell phone. :o) I went to two local theaters before finding out about one with a 5:40 showing. I excitedly thanked the lady who gave me this info, ran to the car (it was 5:12) and found the theater just in time.

One thing the Lord really used to speak to my heart during the movie was how several of the people embraced the suffering of the man who played Jesus. I was especially impacted when the man carrying his Cross had his arm around the bleeding actor: He did not shrink back from his suffering but instead showed his love by coming alongside him. I don't think I will soon forget that.

No comments: