Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

My parents were encouraged by today. I am so glad! It was tiring at times, but a good day. I feel renewed.

A neat thing happened this afternoon. Between sessions of the building dedication, we were sitting at a table in our kitchen area. It was just my parents and I for a bit. I got to thinking it would be so nice if someone who came "on their own" could sit with us. (See, there are just four chairs to a table)

Well, the Lord brought in our pathway a ministry supporter whose wife couldn't make it to the dedication. I started talking to him and then my parents joined in. We had such good fellowship with him. He loves the ministry and has such a heart for the lost. He drives a 1965 car and is happy to do all he can to reach people who need the hope of the Gospel.

Someone ordered pizza and we were all going through the line. My mom and I saw there wasn't much left, and we weren't very hungry anyhow, so we didn't take any. Then my dad and our new friend went up. My dad grabbed a piece of pizza and then he did, too. We were so glad he got a piece.

But guess what he did when he got back to the table? He immediately plunked that piece of pizza on my plate! He was so sweet about it, and insisted I have it. I was truly touched by his kind and sacrificial heart. Needless to say, even though I wasn't particularly hungry, I ate that piece of pizza. :o)

Praise God for people like him.

No comments: