Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, May 21, 2004

Another week has come and gone. Boy, does time pass fast here! Probably because we stay pretty busy.

I ate lunch with my coworker Cindy. I really appreciate her!

Tonight was Terri's graduation. She had the privilege of praying during the ceremony, and her love for Jesus was beautifully evident as she prayed. Terri, 18, and her sister, Heather, help me out with web stories. I have very much enjoyed getting to know them and watching them blossom as young women.

Yesterday I went and got Six Flags passes for a group of us. They were a great price, and we plan to get much use out of them. :o) Heather, 15, handed me this note at the reception tonight, along with the money for hers:

Rachel, thanks for organizing all this! I look forward to screaming with you. See you on the Titan!!

That was fun. :o) I can't wait for the three of us to hang out at Six Flags one of these days soon. Oh, and BTW--for those of you who've never been to Six Flags over Texas-- The Titan is this incredibly scary (to me, at least)--thus quite thrilling--rollercoaster with a very steep downhill curve.

Well, I'm off to get a few more things done before I go to bed. Tomorrow we're having some gals over to the apartment for prayer, worship, food and fellowship. :o) Should be fun. Our prayer is that Jesus be lifted up and each person encouraged.

No comments: