Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

I had a wonderful time and such sweet fellowship today with one of my coworkers, Sarah. We went to Six Flags to process our seasonal passes. While we were there, we rode two rides--the Giant and the Titan. Strangely enough, the Titan wasn't at all as scary as I remembered it to be from last year. I think it was scarier then because it was the first roller coaster I'd ever been on.

Anyhow, they took pictures of us during the rides, and it was hilarious--Even though we were having fun and laughing hard, in every picture we looked like we were stressed out and about to cry. That of course just made us laugh even more. :o)

After we rode the two rides, we went and picked up a couple of gals from the office, and we went to a couple of Indian clothing stores. The prices were GREAT, and I bought two sarees. I can't wait to wear them. :o)One of our friends also got a saree. I was excited for her. Then several of us went and ate Mexican food and fellowshipped. Sarah and I were soooooo hungry ... we'd hardly had anything to eat all day. :o) That food hit the spot. It was SO funny--We were in the middle of this conversation when all of a sudden I feel this water dripping on me. I honestly thought someone was being funny and throwing water on me, but then we looked up and there was this big drip in the ceiling, right above me. We started laughing.

Sarah would really like to start getting some of us gals together to pray. I would really like that. The cry of my heart is to have deeper relationships with others. I think there are more of us who desire that than we would think, it's just that we are all so busy. Fellowship is so important, and we need to be proactive in seeking it out.

I know today was a blessed day and so refreshing. Friendships are so special!

No comments: