Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

How nice it is to write in here ... I missed yesterday, and tonight it feels like I'm coming back to an old friend.

Speaking of old friends, after a considerable amount of "phone tagging", I got back in touch last night with the family I mentioned on Saturday. We had a really good talk.

He (my Bible study leader from back home) asked what brought me here. I explained how God had called me to serve with Gospel for Asia and asked if he'd heard of it before. He said that he did hear about it for the first time, through a recent event closeby. I was so excited, because I helped stuff boxes with materials for that day: In fact, we'd had a big assembly line of sorts, set up in our meeting room. He was saying that maybe they even got one of the boxes I packed. :o)

Anyhow, they're in the process of moving to another house, and after that they plan to have me over to catch up and eat barbeque. I sure do look forward to that. :o)

No comments: