Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

I had a nice day today. Pretty much finished my newsletter, just need to see about a few things.

This morning we found out about a married couple who will be coming on staff. For the past month they've been here with us, working behind the scenes on various jobs that nobody else has time to do. I truly appreciate their servant's hearts. How exciting that they will be joining our staff!

A friend is back to visit us; it was fun getting to see him. And tonight in our ladies' meeting, the wives of two field leaders shared their stories. Incredible testimonies! I wrote down this quote from one: "The Lord has satisfied us in all our needs." This was said with such a joyful heart, coming from the lips of a woman who nearly died from complications during a birth, almost lost their first child and, with her husband, forsook a very comfortable lifestyle for the sake of carrying out Christ's call to bring the Good News to some of the most unreached.

Wow. All glory to God. It matters not what circumstances we may find ourselves in--or whether we have much or little in this life. In Him is everything we need.

P.S. I need to get back to writing a press release that will go out tomorrow. I so much desire that God give me His words. I know my words are of no significance, yet His are full of life.

No comments: