Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The spiritual attacks this week have felt especially heavy. It's been a challenging week for my parents as well! It seems like these attacks almost increase exponentially with how much I seek the Lord in the midst of them! I'm not about to stop ... I'm so grateful for every moment spent in His presence and He has been giving me joy as I spend that time with Him. I just need to keep holding on to Him. And He is doing wonderful things for the furtherance of His kingdom around the world ... Praise God that we can be a small part of this. :-)

A song that's really encouraged me ...

O Love that Wilt Not Let Me Go
O Love that wilt not let me go,I rest my weary soul in thee;I give thee back the life I owe,That in thine ocean depths its flowMay richer, fuller be.

O light that followest all my way,I yield my flickering torch to thee;My heart restores its borrowed ray,That in thy sunshine’s blaze its dayMay brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,I cannot close my heart to thee;I trace the rainbow through the rain,And feel the promise is not vain,That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,I dare not ask to fly from thee;I lay in dust life’s glory dead,And from the ground there blossoms redLife that shall endless be.

George Matheson, 1882.

1 comment:

banderclip said...

That's a neat song Rachel. Praying for you today!