Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Today I ate lunch at McDonald's with a friend on staff. It was nice sitting and chatting with her over a hamburger and french fries (me) and a side salad and some chicken nuggets (her), watching her kids laughing and peeking at us from various points above us on the Playland. (Were the playgrounds at McD's that high tech and fancy when I was a kid? :o) I mean, there were these really cool lights up there and EVERYTHING.)

Yesterday I received a very good report about my daddy! When he had a massive heart attack a year ago, his doctor seemed to believe that permanent heart damage would be inevitable. He was concerned, too, that the damage could be pretty extensive. Well, it had really been on my heart to pray that he wouldn't have any permanent damage to his heart ... even though I knew that from a human or medical standpoint, it didn't seem possible - It would take a miracle, something only the Lord could do! Well, yesterday around 4:30 my mom called to report that my dad's follow-up scan showed his heart to be normal, and the doctor said there is NO damage to his heart! Praise the Lord! I am so encouraged and reminded that there is nothing HE can't do.

As I get ready to go home and eat some leftover chicken stirfry before coming back to the office for our bi-monthly ladies' fellowship, I am incredibly grateful for friends. And food. And good reports about my daddy. :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The playground at McDonald's had no tech when you were a kid.

Rachel said...

not even a little tech? :-D

Anonymous said...

When you were a kid, you could climb up into the Hamburgler's head. And there was one of those merry-go-rounds that are probably outlawed by now. But...you could see the Gulf of Mexico from your McDonald's (which, by the way, doesn't exist any more -- the McD's, not the Gulf).

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your dad is doing so well.
Mom

Anonymous said...

:) Gotta go to bed.

Rachel said...

How could I forget about the Hamburgler's head? :-) Good times!

P.S. And mom, you're funny. :-)

Anonymous said...

Remember when Dad was cleaning the car after you and I had returned from a long trip(to Philadelphia), and he said that the interior of the car smelled like Happy Meal? He wasn't very happy about that but we thought his comment was funny :)I think you were 8 then.
All this talk about McDonald's made me think of that.