Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tonight I enjoyed watching the basketball game of a 14-year-old son of a couple I'm good friends with on staff. The parents sitting by us in the bleachers were talkative and friendly even though I don't know any of them, and that was fun!

And me? I am still going through some "mini trials" (I don't know that I could really call them full-blown trials! ;0)), but the Lord has really been giving me the reassurance of His love, and I know that these things can bear much fruit in my life!

Oh ... funny story from today.

So, today I was on the phone, twice, about a memory card I'd ordered last night, working to get the transaction through since it didn't go through the first time. Well, as I was on hold the second time I called, I was also proofing a web story for a co-worker. Since I wanted to get it to her soon for deadline, I put the phone down and walked over to put it on her desk.

I was grinning and telling two of our other co-workers that I was on hold and wouldn't be at my desk to respond if one of the customer service representatives happened to pick up. Course, I kind of figured I had plenty of time, since I was on hold a while the first time. When I got back to my desk I could tell someone had already picked up and I was no longer on hold!

Me: "Oh! Hello?!"

Customer service rep: Proceeds to greet me and ask how he could help me.

Not really sure when he picked up, but of course my co-workers started laughing about the whole thing and so it was really hard for me to keep from laughing, too, as I explained about my order. I must say, I managed to do pretty well though! I had actually thought about putting him on speaker phone while I was away, so at least I'd know if he picked up. :o)

1 comment:

Meran said...

YOu are funny :)