Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, January 08, 2007

I did end up being sick a little bit last week. But it didn't last long, thankfully! :-) I really thank God, because that's usually not the case ... I don't get a cold that often anymore, but when I do, it often still hits me pretty hard. So I'm so glad this one was much, much shorter! The hardest part was having trouble sleeping (because it's always hard to sleep when you have a cold!).

Yesterday evening I had fun cooking in my apartment! I made pork tenderloin with herbed potatoes and also did salsa chicken soup in the crockpot. I had a great time, and the food will last me a while, too. :o) I also got in a couple of nice walks at the nature preserve over the weekend.

During part of my lunch break today I was blessed with some good time with the Lord, singing and praying and journaling. I am so grateful for His constant presence in my life, and that I can always lean on Him and find rest in that presence!

I was really encouraged by these Scriptures, as well as others:

"God Most High is my salvation and my honor" (Psalm 62:7)

"Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever" (Psalm 73:25,26)

As 2007 continues to unfold, my prayer and deep desire is that my life bring Him glory and be used in the proclamation of His wonderful name.

No comments: