Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Well, it has surely turned out to be a busy weekend! Not that I did that on purpose; just kind of turned out that way. But it's been so nice and refreshing ... and relatively productive, too!

Friday:
I was invited to dinner at the home of the same couple whose teenage son's basketball game I watched on Thursday. They invited some others on staff as well, and also there was one of our interns, who arrived here maybe a few weeks ago and has been staying with them this past week. It was a restful and enjoyable evening with everyone!

Saturday:
Went to the bank, did a little shopping, laundry, did some catching up on other stuff around the apartment, nice long walk at the nature
preserve. :-)
Then at 5:00, I met up with several other gals on staff at the Olive Garden to celebrate another friend's birthday. We had a great time!
And as Barnes and Noble was conveniently located closeby, I headed there afterwards and was able to make some good progress on web stories and a SEND! article. :-)

Sunday:
My friend Michele and I had lunch together and caught up. I was especially looking forward to this since she just arrived back a few days ago from the staff tour to India! It was so good to see her again.

And now? I am planning to do some more walking, do a few more chores around the apartment like vaccuuming, etc., and maybe work a little more on articles. And rest a bit, too!

It's been such a good weekend. Another highlight was hearing another one of my favorite songs come on the radio, one that talks about the all-surpassing joy of the Lord. Isn't is great that as Christians, because our ultimate security is in Christ, we can choose to have that joy in all of life's circumstances? To use a word that I don't tend to use very often in everyday conversation, Hallelujah! :-)

No comments: