Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Wow. Has it really been over two weeks since I've posted in here? Oops. I WANT to post more ... I will try to, I promise? :O)

Despite that I've been kind of swamped with working on writing stuff for our upcoming Annual Report, this week has been really good so far. SO glad for that. I was just thinking about how this Monday has been so much nicer than last Monday was ...

It was a “normal” Monday afternoon at my sunny spot in the GFA office when I got the call from my mom. Early in the conversation, I knew something had happened. That day, my dad had suffered a heart attack. Even as we talked, he was being rushed by ambulance to the hospital to have stints put in. [If the stints worked, he wouldn’t need surgery.] In that instant, I felt numb. I was in shock, disbelief. I was very close to my daddy and couldn’t imagine anything happening to him. I felt, in a sense, that my whole world had shattered. And yet somehow through it all I felt an emotional calm. I thank the Lord for that.

I later found out it was a massive heart attack, with one artery completely blocked. Yet incredibly, the doctor reported that my dad was doing well for having just had a heart attack, and by just a little later in the week he was feeling “back to normal”. He was in ICU for a day before being moved to the cardio ward for the rest of the week. The doctor says he will have permanent heart damage but we’re hoping and praying this won’t be the case.


WOW --I truly thank God for His wonderful protection! My daddy is at home and seems to be doing well. He's taking several medications now. Please pray with us for his continued recovery and a heart that’s “good as new”. And pray also for me, that regardless of any trial I go through, I would be like the tree described in Jeremiah 17:7-8,“planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and it will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit” (NKJV).

No comments: