Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

We all went and saw Narnia last night.

It was good.

Aslan, the lion, was such a beautiful picture of Christ. The way he came out of his tent and everybody bowed down. A powerful moment. Truly God is worthy of ALL my worship.

The scene where Aslan was killed was pretty gripping, too. To think that Jesus went through that and worse. Wow.

Then there was the part where Aslan told Peter, who was frantically searching for his brother Edward, "I want to be sure my family is safe, too." Made me think of the heart of the Father, who loves mankind so dearly and "is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9).

That should motivate my life.

No comments: