Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's all about you, Jesus.
And not about me, as if You should do things my way.
All this is for You, for Your glory and Your fame.
You Alone are God, and I love You.

Sitting in my chair in our weekly staff prayer meeting last night, I felt like I was singing this as a love song to God. It was an incredible moment when everything else just seemed to fade away, and I was reminded that it's all about Him. Not me. Not my dreams, my desires, my ambitions. Not about the "rights" I may think I have.

Funny how we don't have to be reminded to think about ourselves and our best interests. No, it just comes naturally. We don't have to be reminded to think about the temporal. Instead, we must ever be reminded to think about the eternal, to set our heights on things above.

Today was a good day. Now I'm going to grab a bit to eat, probably at McAlister's (yum!) and then head to the mid-week service at church. YAY! :o) God is good.

No comments: