Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Last night was our bi-monthly ladies' meeting at the ministry. It was incredible ... I felt like the message was spoken directly to me. It was SO good.

But oh, how could I even begin to share all of it? In a nutshell, in my oh-so-eloquent summary, what I got out of it was, "Just do it. Just surrender. Those areas in your life that you need to grow in and change? Just do it. Not on your own strength, of course, but in HIS strength." She talked about how we always say "someday" but that "someday" will never come if we aren't proactive in letting Him change our hearts and lives.

The bottom line of it for me was her statement that change in your life is just a prayer away if you're willing. I was thinking, Yeah, Rachel, you knucklehead, you. Change can take one prayer or a long time, depending on how surrendered your heart is to His purposes in your life. :o) Definitely very powerful. And something I so much want to be diligent to apply. I feel this week that I've been learning SO much. Now I just need to be faithful to APPLY it. As NIKE would tell us, "Just DO IT."

I thank the Lord for all He's been teaching me. I feel so encouraged. But now my hair very much needs a washing so I'm going to head out so it can have time to dry before I meet up with some church friends to go see End of the Spear. (I saw the preview online today and it looks very powerful.)

Looking forward to tonight.

No comments: