Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Post #550.

I am so tired. But I've made some good progress on my projects, and am so glad for that. There is still a ways to go, but I know they will all come together ...

Here's a quote from a John Piper sermon I've been listening to a little today that encouraged me ...

"I take it to be a biblical truth that the more earnest we are about fulfilling our mission ... reaching unreached peoples ... exposing the darkness ... loosing the bonds of Satan and of sin ... the more earnest and zealous we are in being the Church, being Christ to this world, the more we will suffer like He did."

It comes from a sermon that I've listened to of his and really been encouraged by before, titled Called to Suffer and Rejoice: That We May Gain Christ.

I highly recommend it.

No comments: