Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, August 13, 2007

It was a busy weekend. A busy one, but all in all a good one. I didn't feel too tired afterwards, despite it being so busy.

Friday night was the staff celebration. It was so much fun hanging out and playing games and talking to people. :)

Saturday my friend and her husband from my hometown area came. I was able to take them to four Half-Price bookstores!!! (They love Half-Price bookstores and like to go to as many as they can when they come here.) Something neat was that another friend sent me a $25 Half-Price bookstores giftcard for my birthday. I was able to use it for a couple of recipe magazines, a "one-year" Bible with the entire NKJV in portions for each day, and a couple of C.D.'s!

Sunday (yesterday), Joy came to church and Sunday school with me, and to lunch with the group at Tin Star afterwards. :-D What was really cool was she got to meet someone who was part of the same church as a friend of hers who lives in the Dominican Republic. How cool is that!

Michele and I also caught up and had a nice time. I recommend the movie Miss Potter. Well, at least, if you're a girl. :o) Cute movie! Then last night I also hung out for a while at a farewell party for a dear sister from the ministry who will be serving in another area of our ministry for a little while.

Tonight I'm helping a friend pick up her car and maybe helping another friend move with a bunch of others. I also may try to work for a while on some writing projects. I'm also going to read a bit in Job, to catch up on my passages for the 6-month challenge. :)

No comments: