Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's my birthday!

Some snapshots of my 29th B-day:

-a homemade chocolate cake SM baked for me last night
-turning red while my department sang happy birthday to me
-reading a funny card they gave me and what they wrote
-shoulder aches
-hearing something on the radio about it being the hottest day of the year
-working on projects and lamenting not being able to move any folders off my desk ;-)
-consuming a lemon-berry slush (yum!), corn dog and tater tots from Sonic
-writing notes on some newsletters(a bit overdue) and getting them out in the mail
-a fun surprise on my desk - a card and box of Whitman's chocolate from a friend at work :o)
-an encouraging email and encouraging e-card from two other friends at the office
-getting something in my eye and not being able to get it out for some reason!
-wearing my favorite shirt to the office today, a light blue textured cotton shirt with ribbon tie :o)
-getting a much-needed shoulder rub (thanks Katie! :O))
-a fun visit and smile from Dorinda
-saying "Rachel me?" :o) to differentiate between me and the other Rachael who works with us
-hearing from my mom that my dad's first round of chemo would start at 11 today
-receiving a number of "happy birthday" messages on my Facebook account

and finally ...

looking forward to Tuesday night prayer meeting but also realizing I am really tired and should probably take a quick nap before then. :-D

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy birthday--a week late! Sorry I'm late! hope your day was wonderful...
How's your dad?