Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

A group of us from staff went on outreach to a local flea market. It was kind of a neat time ... I think a lot of us were pleasantly surprised at how receptive people were to receiving tracts!

Some highlights from my time there ...

- Talking to Bonnie, a sweet lady who was waiting to clean the bathrooms. When I went back and handed her a Gospel tract, she smiled and said, "You made my day"! [Thank you, M and J, for encouraging me to go back :o)]

- When I handed the fake one million dollar bill tract to a Spanish guy maybe in his 40s or so, and he laughed and got really excited about it and his friend insisted on having one, too. :=)

- Giving out the optical illusion tract to a man by one of the booths and then watching as he tried it out on the two girls nearby. What was really cool about that is, I had originally wanted to approach the two girls but it looked like they were busy setting up their booth ... so it looks like the Lord used that man without His even knowing! [Isn't it cool that God's ways are so far beyond us and our limited human perspective? :o)]

- One young man at a booth chuckled good-naturedly after I walked away and was saying something to me. I was a little afraid of what he would say ... but I walked back over. :) Holding the Gospel tract I had just handed him, he shared that he's a Christian, too! That was a nice surprise, and we got to share with him about Gospel for Asia.

On the way home, our car of people stopped in at Cracker Barrel ... we all ordered off the kids menu, which was really fun! I had the chicken and dumplings, and some of the others had chicken tenderloins. And the waiter brought out these really yummy biscuits and butter ... need I say more?! Good times. :o)

No comments: