Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Some of us from my department spontaneously headed to Panda Express for lunch. That was really fun! It started with Shelly saying something like, "I'm in a Panda mood today". I assured her that I would gladly join her if she decided to go. She did! Then she invited another from our department, and they invited two others! :-D

So now I have leftover Kung Pao chicken ... and since I went down the hall just now to grab it from the break room refrigerator, my cubicle has the aroma of Chinese food at present. :-) It won't for long, though, 'cuz I'm 'bout to head out.

Last night I had the privilege of sharing a field story in a small group setting at our prayer meeting. I shared about a young woman who came to Christ through our film ministry when they showed a film on the life of Jesus in her village. She had never heard of Jesus, and was so happy to know Him! Her parents weren't so happy, though, and basically disowned her. Yet she is committed to serving Jesus faithfully, no matter the cost! She is now studying at a GFA Bible college, with a heart to reach those who have never heard the Gospel.

I thought about the incredible love this sister must have for her Savior ... I have been blessed to grow up in a Christian family and will probably never have to make the same kind of sacrifice that she is for her faith, yet I want to love Jesus just as much! He is wonderful, and I want to love Him more each moment. I want Him to be the first thought on my heart when I wake up each morning!

No comments: