Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, March 19, 2007

This day's been kind of flying by! After staff prayer this morning, I came upstairs and read stories that we would be going over in our information meeting. Then we had our meeting - we all had so many stories to go over, we just decided to meet in the Believers Cafe'. :-) So after our meeting, I had some great beef stirfry!

Going into the weekend I wasn't feeling all that well physically ... achy shoulders and kind of tired, etc. But the extra exercise I ended up getting helped me so much and really energized me! I spontaneously decided to go biking at White Rock Lake. I had been wanting to for a while, and a co-worker who lives across the street had showed me how to put my bike rack on, so I figured, "Sure, why not?!"

After asking my co-worker for directions, I ran upstairs to grab some stuff and my backpack, jumped back in my car, and off I went to White Rock Lake. I'm not usually quite that spontaneous (although I can be at times!) but I really seemed to have peace about my quick decision. :-D

The exit off the interstate was closed for construction and I ended up getting a bit lost, but the view when I got there was well worth the drive. [My co-worker and his wife ended up going over the weekend, too, but it sounds like they didn't get quite as lost ... I guess navigating just isn't my strong point ... hee hee. :o) I was glad they didn't get too lost, though.] I biked twice around the lake, so a total of 18 miles!

I was amazed how much more energized I was when I got home. I also biked with my friend Lindy over the weekend, at a trail near her house! That one was about 11 miles total.

Tonight I'm going to eat with my friend Michele from work, and to catch up and share prayer requests. I look forward to that.

Well, I better get back to work (hee hee) but just thought I'd write a quick update since it's been over a week! I hope everyone is doing well. Things are good here. It's so wonderful to know that I can trust God completely with things on my heart. He's truly so faithful and so good to His children! I am so glad to know Him.

No comments: