Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Sally, Terri and I had fun on our outing, and the moving party was fun and the weather was great! Yesterday was neat, too ... after church, I met up with my good friend Lindy who just moved back in town. She is a really strong Christian, and I'm so excited she's back in town; we both love the outdoors and want to become biking buddies. :-) She was telling me about this great trail near her house that runs by a creek and is really pretty. Yesterday we caught up over lunch and then went walking at the nature preserve.

I am learning much about trusting the Lord in all circumstances, even when I don't completely understand what is going on. I am so thankful that my joy is not dependent on what's going on around me ... it feels like the Lord has been impressing that on my heart on so many levels. It's a painful lesson to learn at times but yet ultimately a good and valuable one. I'm so glad Jesus can be trusted always.

Okay, I'm heading downstairs now because we all on staff are having a pizza supper, a time of worship and then special speaker we really enjoy, and I'm hoping to take a quick walk, too. :-)

No comments: