Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, February 16, 2007

The other night I went and hung out with some cute children (staff family) while their parents went out. I'm so glad that worked out ... I had a great time with the kiddos, and I think the parents were really happy to get to go out!

The kiddos were so excited about teaching me all the games they learned at their little Valentine's Day party. :-) After supper, we moved all the dining room chairs out to the living room so we could play. One of the games I'd played before, where you all sit in a circle and people are different fruits. Then, the fruits the person in the middle calls out have to get up and move around, then one person is left without a chair. At one point they decided on honey dew and watermelon. Well once I mistakenly said "waterbellon" instead of "watermelon" - and of course we all started laughing uncontrollably. I told their dad not to be surprised if they go around saying "waterbellon" from now on. :-D

Well now my brain is getting sleepy (hee hee) so I should probably head home before I start making up all kinds of silly words on accident. :-) It's been a pretty good day . . . during most of it I was pretty absorbed in a project - thank-you's to ministry supporters for this coming month. It went well, and I was able to finish them. Those are one of my favorite projects to work on, yet most of the other writers don't enjoy working on them all that much, so my coordinator usually assigns them to me now. So it works out great for everybody. :o) I love how that worked out!

Have a blessed weekend, my fellow bloggers and blogreaders!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach!
Can you pray for my grandmother please? She has lung cancer and the doctors have given her two to three days to live. She is not saved, so can you please pray for her salvation? I know you understand this situation so I thought you wouldn't mind praying :) Thanks, love you friend!
Maddie

Rachel said...

Hi Maddie! I do understand and will definitely be praying for your grandma! The Lord is able!!! Love you too, friend and sister. :)