Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I just got back from lunch with my friend Shareen at Panda Express.
Yum. :-) And fun, too. I keep wanting to call it Panda Haven, because that was the name of this great Chinese take-out place in my college town. I loved going there after class sometimes and getting chicken lo mein.

The first part of this week was pretty rough but overall I'm doing so much better and am really encouraged. The messages the special speaker shared with our staff were powerful and thought-provoking ... He talked about not shrinking back from or resisting "the sword" ... in other words, the hard things in our lives that are used to break us and draw us closer to the Father. He encouraged us to see these things as a privilege ... a chance to take up our cross for Jesus. His messages were incredibly challenging ... and yet in a number of ways encouraging, too, at the same time.

I'm looking forward to our staff time of all-night prayer this Friday! Of course, I may need some caffeine before the night is over since I'm on clean-up crew for afterwards. :-) (hee hee) I'm also sharing requests for our work in Bangladesh ... not sure yet what time in the evening (or morning???:o)).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog!