Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas dinner with my parents was nice. We had roasted herb chicken, asparagus, cranberry sauce, lima beans, and more. :o) And later that day, we got to go over and see my cousins!

One of my cousins had his dogs with him. It was pretty funny, because I was petting one of the dogs and all of a sudden, it just climbed up on my lap! And this was no small dog, let me tell you! :o)

I drove back on Tuesday ... 11 hours! I enjoy roadtrips, though! I was especially excited becuase I was able to find a route where I didn't have to take 635. Yay! [I have no problems with 635 on a Saturday morning, but on a weekday the traffic can be pretty heavy ... especially if you're not used to big-city driving. ;c)] And it took me through some pretty countryside, too, so that was nice!

I even made it back in time for Tuesday night prayer. It was so good to see everyone again! I am so grateful for both my wonderful family back home (and my sister and her family a few hours away in Texas!) and the wonderful extended family the Lord has blessed me with here. :o) It's been really nice to be back in the office, too.

Yesterday I found out I would be working for a while in our gift entry department, along with another writer! [They always seem to be busy, and have been especially busy with it being the end of the year ... their busiest time, I think!] It's a privilege getting to help out in this department, and there are always so many neat things to do in there. I couldn't believe how quickly this day went by!

It's exciting, too, to get a glimpse into the hearts of our sponsors and donors - we've been blessed with so many great people whose hearts the Lord has touched to give to and pray for our ministry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been waiting for another post.
Indiana, sometimes Georgia