Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Post #464.

Full day. Left my parent's house around 9:20 for the church service of my college church in Mobile. Had the opportunity to share briefly during the church service.

Afterwards, one of the couples did invite me to lunch with them. :o) We went to Longhorn Steakhouse, and there was a 15-year-old boy who joined us as well, who is very interested in missions. (Of course he was full of questions and I was glad to answer them! :o)) So that was neat!

Then I left a voicemail with Barbie and Harry since we had arranged for me to call and visit sometime after lunch. While I was waiting to hear back from them with directions, I returned a call from a good friend from my hometown. It turns out she and another friend of ours had decided to make the hour trip to Mobile today too! So I briefly met up with them at Target (their last stop in Mobile), which was kind of cool since it was my first time to see them since coming home this trip.

After being with them for about 15 minutes maybe, I heard back from Barbie and Henry and drove the 7 or 8 minutes from Target to their apartment. We had a really nice visit, and I got some good pictures of them, too! Barbie was so cute - she was going about moving trash cans, etc. out of the way so they wouldn't be in the picture. :o) Her husband was teasing her about that.

Barbie faithfully prays for me (and financially supports me), and she was sharing how she is on a list where she receives these prayer requests regularly for the president and issues he faces as he runs our country. I have a feeling she is quite the prayer warrior! She also helps keep children on a regular basis for the church's ESL outreach, and I'm sure she reaches out to people in other ways as well.

What an inspiration she is to me - I hope I'm still that active in prayer and serving the Lord when I'm 77. :-)

No comments: