Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

My road trip back to the Coast went well. The first 50 miles were overcast and foggy for my drive, but then the sun came out and gradually the pretty blue skies came. :c)The drive was a refreshing time, and somehow the Lord used it to remind me in wonderful ways that He can totally be trusted with those things that are on my heart - that HE will work them all out. Praise God!

Oh, get this! As I was leaving my apartment around 7:30 this a.m., I got to meet my downstairs neighbor. She and I started chatting, and she was really excited when I mentioned I worked for a missions organization. It turns out she's a Christian! We ended up having a really good chat for a number of minutes, and then chuckled about the fact that we both really needed to get going (turns out she was also heading out at the same time, to see her daughter in Atlanta for Christmas!) ... and decided we should definitely hang out when we get back in town!

It was so good to meet her, and I would love to see if she'd like to join me for Tuesday night prayer meeting sometime soon!

Tomorrow morning I head over to my college church to see them all and visit with dear friends and supporters. I look forward to seeing again all the wonderful couples and families there who "adopted" me when I went there during my college years; they're so special to me. Often one of the couples will ask me to lunch when I'm in town (that's fun!); I do know for sure that after church I will be heading out to Barbie's and Harry's apartment to spend some extra time with them. :o)

Well I'm getting a bit sleepy and still need to get ready for bed. ;c)

No comments: