Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lately in my life I have been seeking the Lord about some things and crying out to Him. I have often lately been able to spend some time in the Lord during the first part of my lunch break, and I just wanted to share some things to show how He really encouraged and ministered to me today through this time together ...

* From a song we sing in prayer meeting:
Holy Fire, burn away my desire for anything that is not of you, but is of me;
I want more of You, and less of me.
Empty me; empty me.
Fill me. With you, with you, with you.


* From Philippians 3:8:
"...I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord ..."

*From another song we sing in prayer meeting:
It's all about You, Jesus.
It's all about you, for Your glory and Your fame.
It's not about me, as if You should do things my way.
You alone are God, and I surrender.


*From Philippians 2:10:
"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Wow! This is what it's all about. It's so refreshing to be reminded of that.

*One of the requests for myself in my prayer notebook is that I would be broken and have the heart of a servant. I felt renewed and refreshed as I prayed this today. And I thought to myself, My deepest longing is to know HIM more and to find ultimate and deep contentment in the sunshine of HIS face.

The things I have been crying out to the Lord about are still not "out of the picture", and I have been going through some confusing and at times painful things, but I can't begin to tell you just how encouraged and refreshed I was through this special time with Him.

Even when it's hard, my heart is to continue to seek to find my sufficiency in Him, and have His steadfast joy and contentment in all things.

No comments: