Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

This is my 457th post. [No, I haven't been counting them ... the blogger program automatically tells you how many posts you've made. :o)]

It is so nice outside ... I am just debating whether to brave the cold [not too bad, but a little chilly!] and take my walk at the nature preserve! I think I'll be okay if I bundle up ... don't you? :c)

Yesterday was nice. I spend most of it with a friend from work ... after waking up at 11:00 after all-night prayer. :o)

Two things I came away with from church and Sunday school this morning ... they're both things I knew already, but it's always so good to be reminded:

1) Finding our full significance and security in Christ frees us to truly love other people. It's always great to be reminded of Christ's utter sufficiency, and I long to keep my eyes fixed always on Him.

2) Incredibly, if we have received God's free gift of salvation in Christ, when He looks at us, He doesn't see our sinfulness but His Son's righteousness. Even though we are sinners in desperate need of His grace (and still in need of His grace and working in our lives so we can be transformed to be more like Jesus), He loves us with the same love He has for His perfect, beloved Son. Amazing.

No comments: