Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Four years.

I have been here on staff at GFA for four years. I had a nice time out at Chili's this evening, hanging out with my former roommies and reflecting a bit on the last four years. Oh yeah, and we were also celebrating Dee's birthday. :o) I enjoyed my hamburger, and the time of fellowship with two very dear friends.

It's an incredible, out-of-this-world privilege to be here serving to reach the lost, definitely one I am utterly undeserving of but am so incredibly grateful to God for. I am continually amazed at an indescribable God who is both so patient and merciful to me in my weaknesses and shortcomings but also orchestrates events in my life for my growth in Him. Wow.

Some of the lessons I have been learning over these past four years ... [and am continuing to learn in a variety of ways ... lifetime process, I'm sure? :o)]

God is far more concerned with our character than our comfort. [I was reminded of this at a Calvary Chapel retreat, and it has truly been something that has comforted me in all the hard things I've faced at different times.]

Christ is sufficient ... for every need, every longing, every situation we face in this life.

"Stamp it with joy"
Over a nice time of supper together, a friend of mine here at the ministry recently shared how she had heard this at a women's conference, in regards to how our response can be to every circumstance in our lives, and I was really inspired, challenged and encouraged when she shared that.

As I rejoice in four years of serving here at GFA, and hopefully many, many more years to come, I am glad for a God who doesn't give up on me. And a God who desires my best, always, and is working out that "best" in my life in accordance with His perfect plan and for HIS glory. And for friends. And for FAMILY. And for a wonderful community of fellow believers here. And for all the other wonderful blessings in life, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for four years! It's great to spend time with you. We'll have to make a Grapevine Mills run sometime :)

Anonymous said...

oh oh oh, i wanna come too! hehe love ya Rach!

Nicole said...

Wow! four years! I can't believe you've been in TExas that long! Gosh, I miss you. I really wish we could see each other!

Nicole

Rachel said...

Yes!! We were talking yesterday about wanting you and Jess and Julie to join us if you can - great fun!!!! :o))

P.S. Nicole - wish you could come, too! Too bad there's not a button you could press that would beam you over here!