Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Time sure does fly - I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving (and a four-day weekend!). Tomorrow as early as I can get going (but not tooooo early-hee hee :o))) I am heading on out to my sister's. My parents will be there as well, and it will be nice to all be together. I will be driving back Sunday morning.

I have been having some good times with the Lord lately, and I want to trust HIM fully for all that is on my heart, knowing that He has my best at heart -and, most of all, that "best" also involves what is best for His glory and the furtherance of His kingdom. Praise God.

I've been reading in Exodus lately and have been struck and especially encouraged by phrases such as "that the earth may know that the Lord is God" and "that His name be proclaimed through all the earth". I've been encouraged because it reminds me that I can just rest the desires of my heart in HIS very capable hands, and that what is of SUPREME importance is that His name be proclaimed through all the earth.

Indeed there is always much to be thankful for ...
... which brings me to, "Happy Thanksgiving, everyone." :o)

No comments: