Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, November 13, 2006

My mom left yesterday morning. We had some good times during her visit. We went walking one day at this beautiful park at a lake in McKinney. And shopped a little. And talked and prayer together. And more. [BTW, she did stay up for spaghetti last Friday, too. :o) She loved being at the prayer meeting and getting to pray and visit with people!]

Yesterday a nice couple from my church had me over for lunch. They actually live about 30 minutes out from the church, kind of in the country. They directed me a different way to go home that would be a more direct route to my apartment, and I came across a really pretty park and decided to stop and take a walk. I didn't realize it was so far of a walk to the other side of the park. :o) But it was fun ... and there was this one part in the park where you could look up and see this house way up on a hill, surrounded by trees with beautiful fall colors in the leaves. It was nice.

I have been having some good times with the Lord lately and am continually reminded that in all times, the good and the bad, Jesus is EVERYTHING.

No comments: