Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Today three friends and I went to Six Flags. We had SO much fun! When we first got there, we got to ride Batman and MR. Freeze twice in a row. That's unusual. Generally those lines are really long! It sure is nice having a season pass. They were such a good deal, too!

I'm so glad we all got to hang out today and ride so many fun rides together. We had some good laughs but also meaningful conversations as well. There were situations where I felt I could have had quite a bit more grace toward others (and been more willing to die to self in the "little" things). I kind of apologized for that.

At the same time, though, everyone had such a nice time and expressed how appreciative they were that I'd gotten this outing together. They very much sounded like they'd like to do this again. Praise God! It's good to know His mercies are new every morning--that He is continually working in this clay vessel, to conform me ever more into the image of His dear Son. I have so far to go, but He isn't about to give up on me!

Last night I asked my roommate to pray everyone would have a nice time, that we would have meaningful conversation (and be a light for Christ to those around us!), and that we may get to talk with others standing in line, if that be the Lord's will. The Lord answered ALL those requests--I even got to talk a little to a lady in line with her husband for Mr. Freeze. We ran into each other again while we were in line for the Titan. She teased that she was following us. It was fun to see her--It kind of felt like I'd made a friend. :o) I did get to share with her that we work for a ministry that spreads the Gospel in Asia. Who knows what seeds may have been planted! Perhaps she will start thinking and will want to know Jesus, if she doesn't yet.

No comments: