Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

The other night at prayer meeting, Brother K.P.'s sharing really gripped me. I so much want to live a simple life (as far as this world) and be purposeful in how I spend my time. He asked some powerful questions.

Who is willing to abandon their comfort, their sleep, their rights--for the sake of Jesus?

Am I willing to walk away from a lukewarm Christian life and deliberately choose the way of suffering for His sake?

Am I willing to pay the price? Giving everything we've got for the sake of His kingdom is worth it.


I am reminded of our dear leader in North India, and the words he spoke to our 16-member group as we sat in his home, also the GFA area office. He read from
Hebrews 12:1,2 and told us that whatever we give up for the sake of Jesus and reaching the lost, it is worth it all. He thanked us. Of course it boggled my mind, because we think of them as giving up so much.

No comments: