Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

I got to bed early last night. Okay, so, early for me, not early for some people. :o) 10:15. Today I felt so much more rested than I did yesterday. I'm learning (albeit slowly) that my night owl habits of college won't work here. I would be up so late some nights working, studying with buddies, hanging out with groups of friends, etc. And I enjoyed it. For one semester, I even had two days a week where I didn't have class until about 6 P.M. So ... you guessed it ... I could sleep in as long as I wanted. :o) But that's not the case here. Yet this is a small sacrifice I can make for the Kingdom. What a privilege to be linked with a harvest of precious souls in Asia.

Tonight at staff prayer, I was reminded of the sense of urgency--the potential for literally millions to be reached with the Gospel, yet the short amount of time we have. Each day 80,000 people in Asia slip into eternity without having heard the Gospel even one time. Dear friend, would you please pray that the Lord would help me live very purposefully and be diligent in doing as much as I can to further His kingdom in Asia, with the life that He has given me? I so much desire an eternal perspective, to see things as HE sees them. This life is indeed so short ... only what's done for our Savior will last.

No comments: