Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Lindi, Whit, Angela and I went to a Chinese restaurant after church today. It was a unique shopping center, with several ethnic food places and shops. Lindi took us to a cafe owned by a Taiwanese family, and she bought an avocado shake for us to try. To be honest, I didn't think I'd like it (but was willing to try it for a fun adventure), but it was great! :o) They put several straws in the cup, and we were all sharing it as we walked back to the car. That was my favorite part of our time together ... reminded me of some memorable times from junior high and high school, hanging out with Ann Marie, Becka and Angela. :o) We were too funny ... I have to laugh when I read some of my journal entries from those days!

I am a bit tired tonight, but all things considered, doing quite well. This is such an exciting time for me. It seems that the Lord is working on, and enabling me to be victorious in, several different areas of my life. I'm so thankful for that. It is truly He who deserves all the glory. There is nothing good in me. Even the desire to know Him more is a desire He had to put in me. Here's an excerpt from a journal entry I wrote Friday.

Lord, I am so thankful to You for bringing me here (to GFA). I was just thinking of how you have taught me so much (for example, about being faithful in the little things, claiming contentment in every situation, serving behind the scenes, living more purposefully, etc.) since I've been here. Wow. Thank You, Lord. Who am I, that I should deserve this? Truly, I am amazed and thankful.

No comments: